Job Title: Front Office Representative
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION: Front Office Representative
REPORTS TO: Front Office Supervisor
Controls the reception, registration, room allocation and checking out of all guests and carries out verification and auditing of accounts.
- Liaises with other departments including Housekeeping, Marina and Maintenance to ensure facilities are always fit for purpose and of a standard in keeping with the image of CrewsInn. Reports any defects.
- Provides excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Makes reservations for Hotel /Marina Guests
- Is knowledgeable of all services, processes and procedures of the hotel, marina and restaurant.
- Welcomes registers, assigns rooms /slips and allocates keys and establishes payment. Checks out guest and ensures payment.
- Handles all guest complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Makes arrangements for guest services as required.
Financial / Night Audits
- Ensures all procedures, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping and money handling are adhered to, including the timely and accurate inputting and reporting of financial information.
- Carries out night audits to verity the accuracy of guest accounts by balancing departmental income, compiling computerized updates and verifying records.
Health and Safety
- Performs duties in a safe and efficient manner, consistent with company safety policies and procedures.
- Identifies and mitigates risks and reports all accidents.
- Security conscious at all times.
- Ensures effective procedures are in operation in emergencies.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent command of the English language
- Customer orientated and results driven including able to relate to the public in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including being able to deal effectively with a variety of individuals both face to face and by telephone
- Computer literate
- Mathematical skills and knowledge of accounting practices
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 CXC /GCE passes (including Mathematics, Accounting, English)
- Computer Literacy
- Front Desk Experience (1 year)
- Experience in a Hotel environment and /or night auditing would be an asset
- Fluency in a foreign language would be an asset.
Hours of work:
Normal work week shall consist of forty hours, Sunday to Saturday on a shift basis covering 24 hours per day. Public Holidays will also be expected to be worked when required. In addition longer work hours may be required from time to time.