Job Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Lead Mechanical Engineer
The Lead Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the overall technical, budget, schedule and resourcing responsibility for the Mechanical discipline.
- Production of cost effective Mechanical engineering solutions and deliverables in conjunction with other members of the project team in a timely manner.
- Maintain technical integrity.
- Coordination of technical matters within discipline and with other disciplines as required.
- Development of Mechanical scopes of work, estimates, schedules, budgets and resource requirements with respect to delivery, monitoring and changing
- Ensure that all allocated responsibilities are dealt with in accordance with procedures & standards.
- Ensure that the business drivers and performance incentives are understood and complied with.
- Technical assistance and development of Mechanical personnel.
- Be conversant and knowledgeable with respect to Massy Wood Group procedures and applicable legislation and standards
- Coordinate the execution of Plant Layout and Mechanical engineering activities (Concept, FEED, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Ensure technical integrity by checking of discipline deliverables, discipline content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Reviewing work processes of discipline personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Originating discipline deliverables.
- Producing solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client(s).
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Providing discipline input to procurement and construction activities.
- Conducting surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow definition and execution of scopes of work.
- Attending technical meetings, Design Reviews, HAZOPs and Constructability Assessments etc..
- Communicating with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Communicating with Operations and Maintenance personnel to determine any opportunities where Massy Wood Group could provide solutions to existing problems or for improving the existing practice.
- Performs all other related job functions as required
- First Degree in Engineering (BSc, BEng) from an accredited university.
- Postgraduate degree preferred.
- Membership in a professional body.
- Professional, chartered or registered engineering status.
- 12 years minimum experience in a related field.
- Experience in managing or supervising staff in a similar environment preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of discipline software and tools.
- Experience and knowledge of a majority of discipline applications and subject matters.
Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.
Interested parties should submit resumes to the HR Department via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly place in subject of email – Lead Mechanical Engineer