Job Title: Lead Civil/Structural Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Lead Civil / Structural Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of discipline engineering service and focal point for the engineering activities of the discipline; they will also be responsible for management of resources, technology and the maintenance of the technical assurance of the discipline.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Engineering Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Keeps up to date with technical developments, client and Massy Wood Group specifications, industry, national and international codes, standards and legislative requirements relevant to the role.
- Demonstrates the appropriate competence level for the job.
- Is a source for guidance on a majority of discipline applications.
- Coordination of technical matters within discipline and with other disciplines as required.
- Development of discipline scopes of work, estimates and schedules.
- Management of the overall contract discipline scope of work, budget, schedule and resource requirement with respect to delivery, monitoring and changes.
- Knowledge and application of client specific standards.
- Discipline focal point for the contract.
- Originating discipline deliverables.
- Assisting the Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Producing solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Providing discipline input to procurement and construction activities.
- Conducting surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of scopes of work.
- Ensure discipline is represented at contract technical meetings.
- Ensure discipline is represented at contract Design Reviews, HAZOPs, Constructability Assessments, etc.
- Communicating with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Resource planning to maintain adequate staff levels considering short and long term requirements of the contract.
- Following procedures for document control and discipline design, e.g. creation of discipline design deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Checking of discipline deliverables, discipline content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Reviewing work processes of discipline personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Approving of discipline deliverables, discipline content of IDC prints and vendor documents for the contract.
- Delivering the contract discipline scope of work within man-hour budget.
- Delivering the contract discipline scope of work to schedule.
- Maintaining an overview of all discipline work for the contract by regular contact with Project Management.
- Liaising with client discipline representative.
- Managing increase or reduction in discipline scope of work for the contract and advising Project Management accordingly.
- Identifying areas of concern during the course of any project to Project Management while proposing necessary corrective action.
- Identifying discipline scopes of work for the contract.
- Preparing discipline CTR estimates for the contract.
- Providing input to project execution plans and schedules for the contract.
- Reporting discipline progress for the contract.
- Developing working relationship with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Responsible for performance appraisals of discipline personnel working on the contract.
- Perform all other related job functions as required
- First Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering (BSc, BEng)
- Typically a minimum of 12 years relevant experience
- Membership of the IStructE preferred
- Professional, chartered or registered engineering status preferred
- Second Degree (MSc, MBA) preferred
- Possesses skilled application of discipline software and tools
- Possesses skilled application of a majority of discipline applications
- Possesses skilled application in managing personnel
- Possesses skilled application in managing jobs / projects
- Assessed competent as Lead Engineer in accordance with ENG-PRC-1100
- Possesses a sound command of the English language and must be able to communicate English effectively in the field of Engineering.
Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.
Interested parties should submit resumes to the HR Department via e-mail to email@example.com.
Kindly place in subject of email – Lead Civil/Structural Engineer