Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Senior Project Engineer
The Candidate will be responsible for the delivery of an integrated Engineering, Procurement and Project / Construction Management Services to the various Contract Clients. In addition to the Technical aspects this includes maintaining good business relationships built on a foundation of reliable performance and earned respect.
- Report to all injuries, occupational illnesses, material losses and environmental damage incidents and be aware that all are preventable.
- Ensure safety in design processes is applied.
- Ensure QA/QC engagement in Engineering / Procurement / Construction.
- Awareness, understanding and compliance with the Business Policies and Procedures.
- Awareness, understanding and delivery of Contractual obligations set out in the individual service Contracts.
- Co-ordination and management of all interfaces required to deliver a complete product to the Client, including Engineering, Procurement, Construction and third Party Services.
- Leads in the development and performance management of all aspects associated with the various WBS Scopes of Work from inception through to completion.
- Development, accuracy and continuous performance management of baseline schedules, progress measurement and reporting for the various WBS Scopes of Work.
- Development, accuracy and performance management of the estimates, expenditure, forecasts and reporting for the various WBS Scopes of Work.
- Takes personal responsibility for promoting and supporting continuous improvement activities within all aspects of the business under their sphere of influence.
- Actively seeks to develop and maintain business relationships based on open and honest communication underpinned by reliable proactive performance, expectation management and earned respect.
- Proactively facilitate the resolution of cross discipline technical issues.
- Recognises skills limitations and proactively notifies and engages management support in these areas.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Project Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers within the Massy Wood Group / client relationship and how these can be influenced.
- Performs all other related job functions as required.
- Must possess a first Degree in Engineering (BSc, BEng) from an accredited university.
- Project Management Certification will be an asset
- Must possess ten (10) years minimum experience in a similar position.
- Minimum of five (5) years Oil & Gas industry experience.
- Familiar with Project Management practices and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction to and supervise others.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with external and internal customers.
- Foundation skills in a relevant technical discipline.
Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.
Interested parties should submit resumes to the HR Department via e-mail to email@example.com.
Kindly place in subject of email – Senior Project Engineer