Job Title: Lead Technical Safety Engineer/ HAZOP Chair
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Lead Technical Safety Engineer/ HAZOP Chair
The candidate would be responsible for the provision of discipline engineering service and focal point for the engineering activities of the discipline; they would also be responsible for management of resources, technology and the maintenance of the technical assurance of the discipline
Scope of position:
The Lead Technical Safety Engineer/ HAZOP Chair will be responsible for the provision of discipline engineering service and focal point for the engineering activities of the discipline; they will also be responsible for management of resources, technology and the maintenance of the technical assurance of the discipline.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group Ltd. and project specific Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Plans and Procedures.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Company and project specific Quality Management Systems and Procedures.
- Technical assurance of discipline deliverables, discipline content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Supervision of discipline personnel ensuring Company and project specific Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Neal & Massy Wood Group and project specific Engineering Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Keeps up to date with technical developments, client and Neal & Massy Wood Group specifications, industry, national and international codes, standards and legislative requirements relevant to the role.
- Demonstrates the appropriate competence level for the job.
- Is a source for guidance on a majority of discipline applications.
- Coordination of technical matters within discipline and with other disciplines as required.
- Suggestions for improvements in discipline procedures and working practices.
- Development of training plans for discipline personnel
- Development of discipline scopes of work, estimates and schedules.
- Management of the overall contract discipline scope of work, budget, schedule and resource requirement with respect to delivery, monitoring and changes.
- Discipline focal point for the contract.
- Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation.
- Conduct design safety reviews and assessments to ensure that risks are ALARP.
- Provide technical safety input for other disciplines as required.
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers within the Company / client relationship and how these can be influenced.
- Approval of timesheets for discipline personnel allocated to the contract.
- Representation of Company with clients and suppliers / vendors in a professional manner.
- Provide technical safety input for business development strategies, proposals and tendering activities and marketing initiatives.
- Assist Discipline Function Lead with management of discipline personnel working on the contract.
- Resource planning to maintain adequate staff levels considering short and long term requirements of the contract.
- First Degree in Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering (BSc, BEng), or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 years experience.
- Professional or registered engineering status preferred.
- Second Degree (MSc, MEng) in safety and reliability engineering preferred.
- PHA leadership certification Membership of a professional body.
- Possesses skilled knowledge of discipline software and tools including PHA and consequence modeling software.
- Should possess skilled knowledge in supervising personnel.
- Should possess skilled knowledge in managing jobs / projects.
- Capable of reading and interpreting P&IDs and C&E charts.
- Experienced in the assessment of Major Accident Hazards.
- Familiar with QRA techniques.
- Experienced in the development of safety case reports.
- Experienced in the application of inherently safer design principles.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experienced in HAZOP, HAZID and SIL/LOPA techniques.
- Experienced in Bow-Tie analysis.
- Experienced in PHSSER reviews.
- Experienced in Safety Critical Elements and Performance Standards.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Experienced in onshore and offshore oil and gas developments.
- Experienced in petrochemical developments.