Job Title: Senior Discipline Engineer - I&C, Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Piping, Electrical
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Senior Discipline Engineer - I&C, Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Piping, Electrical
The Senior Discipline Engineer - Process, Instrumentation & Control, Mechanical, Technical Safety, Piping, Civil/Structural, Electrical - will be responsible for the preparation and checking of discipline engineering design deliverables.
Scope of position:
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the preparation and checking of the relevant discipline engineering design deliverables.
- Originating discipline deliverables.
- Assisting the Discipline Lead Engineer or Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Producing solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Providing discipline input to procurement and construction activities.
- Conducting surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of scopes of work.
- Attending technical meetings if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Attending Design Reviews, HAZOPs, Constructability Assessments etc. if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Communicating with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Communicating with Operations and Maintenance personnel to determine any opportunities where Massy Wood Group could provide solutions to existing problems or for improving the existing practice.
- Liaising with the Discipline Function Lead to identify and implement improvements in discipline working practices.
- Capturing and communicating lessons learnt to the Discipline Function Lead.
- Coaching / guiding of discipline personnel on a majority of discipline applications
- Providing discipline design input to procurement and construction activities.
- Coordination of technical matters within discipline and with other disciplines as required.
- Supervision of discipline personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group and project specific Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Keeping a log of competencies gained through further education, external training and internal / on the job training.
- Identifying areas where skills are lacking and suggesting methods of improving.
- Identifying improvements in discipline working practices as necessary in accordance with the Discipline Function Lead.
- Identifying increase or reduction in scope of work within own area of responsibility and advising the Discipline Lead Engineer accordingly.
- Identifying areas of concern during the course of any project to the Discipline Lead Engineer while proposing necessary corrective action.
- Identifying increase or reduction in scope of work within own area of responsibility and advising the Discipline Function Lead accordingly.
- Identifying discipline scopes of work if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Preparing of discipline CTR estimates if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Providing input to project execution plans and schedules if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Developing working relationship with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Preparing timesheets accurately and timely.
- First Degree in Engineering (BSc, BEng) from an accredited university.
- Membership of a professional body or fulfilment of the requirements to obtain either professional or registered engineering status.
- 8+ years experience in Oil & Gas Greenfield and Brownfield type projects (5+ years in EPCM preferred with operations experience.)
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Plans and Procedures.
- Knowledge of process engineering workflow and the production of Engineering deliverables
- Basic offshore survival would be considered an asset.
- Must possess skilled knowledge of a majority of discipline applications.
- Should possess knowledge in supervising personnel.
- Should possess basic knowledge in managing jobs / projects.
- Good mentoring skills (to mentor, junior engineers).
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), needs to be able to interface directly with our clients in a competent and confident manner.