Job Title: Cashier - TWEE (Piarco International)
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Cashier - TWEE (Piarco International)
TWEE Limited, a member of the Ansa McAl Group of Companies, operates a duty free store at Piarco International Airport. We have the concession to sell alcohol, cigarettes and chocolates to the travelling public. The business operates in a Customs and Security restricted area and is therefore governed by the strict rules that are in place to comply with both domestic and international requirements.
The company operates twenty-four hours a day, three hundred and sixty-five days a year to meet its concession obligation to Airports Authority of Trinidad & Tobago. Employees working with TWEE must be flexible as we operate a shift system; employees are supplied with a roster of their work duty. Employees will be required to work through the night, on weekends and on public holidays.
The Cashier is responsible for maintaining helpful customer service and processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Receive payment by cash, credit cards, automatic debit
• Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
• Count money in cash drawers to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
• To encourage good customer relations and future return business.
• Have a good working knowledge of the computer system and its functions.
• Ensure that the work environment is clean and tidy.
• To ensure that Departure purchases are accurately packed and labelled with name, flight and gate #.
• To assist in the packing and delivery of the customer’s product.
• Liaise with agencies to access change for the shop, under direction of Shift Supervisor/Manager.
• To update special occasion charge list as required (pink slip)
• Carry out Stock-counts as and when required.
• Receive deliveries and filling in customs entry requirements
• To have an understanding of the product sold, its use and Duty Free allowances.
• Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
• To assist new and / or junior staff with on the job training.
Education and Experience:
• Five (5) CXC/GCE ‘O’ level passes (including Mathematics and English Language)
• At least one year working experience is preferred
• Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be computer literate
• Must possess good numeracy skills
• Must be able to multi-task.