Job Title: Shop Assistant - TWEE
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Shop Assistant - TWEE
TWEE Limited, a member of the Ansa McAl Group of Companies, operates a duty free store at Piarco International Airport. We have the concession to sell alcohol, cigarettes and chocolates to the travelling public. The business operates in a Customs and Security restricted area and is therefore governed by the strict rules that are in place to comply with both domestic and international requirements.
The company operates twenty-four hours a day, three hundred and sixty-five days a year to meet its concession obligation to Airports Authority of Trinidad & Tobago. Employees working with TWEE must be flexible as we operate a shift system; employees are supplied with a roster of their work duty. Employees will be required to work through the night, on weekends and on public holidays.
The Shop Assistant is responsible for providing assistance in the receiving and dispatching of all products carried in the shop.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• To ensure that all bags and boxes are ready for the efficient dispatch of goods from the shop.
• To ensure that departure purchases arrive at gate and deliveries to passenger are completed
• To ensure shelves are stocked, and dusted during quiet times and during night shifts.
• To assist in stock counts
• To ensure that the shop is clean and tidy ie mop, dust, sweep, empty trash bins etc.
• To assist in all deliveries and the formalities associated eg. obtaining airport passes, notifying Customs
• To remove all garbage/empty box packaging from the shop to specified dump areas.
• To provide basic security within the shop.
• To ensure that all customer purchases are securely packed in the packaging provided.
• To provide information on product and Customs allowances to our customers.
• To encourage good customer relations and return business.
• All other related duties as required by the job function.
Education and Experience:
• Five (5) CXC/GCE ‘O’ level passes (including Mathematics and English Language)
• At least one year working experience is preferred
• Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able bodied
• Must be able to multi-task