Job Title: Production Manager
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION MANAGER
REPORTING TO: Managing Director
MAIN OBJECTIVE: The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the total production operation. This includes responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating and controlling production processes including quality control and food safety practices as well as collectively managing the entire production staff.
- Develops, implements and reviews all production related standard operating procedures (i.e. machine set up and operation, product formulation, training and review of personnel, quality standards, output requirements).
- Directs activities of production department in an efficient manner ensuring company product quality standards are met.
- Schedules and coordinates flow of work within departments to expedite production.
- Reviews master production schedule, establishes priorities for specific orders and revises schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities and availability/capability of workers, machines and supplies. Reschedules identical processes to eliminate duplication of efforts and machine set ups to increase overall productivity.
- Confers with bakery team lead to determine progress of work and to provide information on needed changeovers.
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of machinery, materials, personnel and quality control standards.
- Confers with management, maintenance, sanitation, warehouse and transportation regarding production schedule on a daily basis.
- Coordination of sanitation schedule
Has responsibility for efficient, cost-effective scheduling of production employees.
- Compiles reports about the production efficiencies including documentation and rationalization of downtime due to machine failure and human error along with recommended solutions for improvement and resolution as well as reports pertaining to raw materials usage.
- Organizes, coordinates and documents the training and evaluation of all new hires as well as existing production personnel and bakery team lead.
- Ensures that we have the correct staffing on each line with “active” training being provided.
- Attends all meetings, training sessions, and/or seminars as required by management. These can include both on-site and offsite events.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions such as hiring, promotions, discharges and appropriate actions and/or performance improvement plans required as part of disciplinary action process.
- Recruiting staff.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Carry out performance evaluations as required
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are followed, implemented and maintained
- Enforces loss control and strives for minimum waste.
- Assists senior management by performing any or other tasks as assigned
Safety and Security Compliance:
- Ensures that the plant, personnel and production operation conform to all sanitation and regulatory requirements.
- Enforce security rules.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods
- Must have a good working vehicle
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- IT skills
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Must be able to analyze equipment problems quickly and accurately. They must also be able to recognize problems or potential problems in employees, and take appropriate action to address the situation.
- Must have an understanding of modern bakery production techniques and practices.
- Must be able to prepare, read, and analyze detailed production process and personnel information, relating to all aspect of the department (e.g. inventory, costing, daily production records, disciplinary reports, attendance reports).
- Must possess the ability to quickly evaluate situations and then make rational and logical decisions based on current conditions or information available to them at that time.
Education & Experience
- Must have at least 5 years of food manufacturing and supervisory/management experience.
- Degree in management, business or a related field or equivalent experience
- Prior sanitation experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills