Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Research and Development Officer
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position: Research and Development Officer
Reports to: Plant Manager
- To develop and improve formulations and processes for new and existing products.
- To assist in establishing and maintaining quality systems for the production and delivery of food products to the consumer.
- To continuously pursue cost-effective innovations of processes while maintaining or improving quality standards.
- Establish raw material quality specifications.
- Evaluate prospective new ingredient supplies.
- Establish and validate all product formulations.
- Prescribe as necessary the process parameters, methodology and quality characteristics that may define and determine the quality of the finished product.
- Assess consumer complaints and recommend corrective action regarding the possible cause(s).
- Continuously review processes and product formulations so as to promote more efficient process control, longer shelf-life and enhanced product quality as well as to ensure that cost-efficiencies are pursued and maximised.
- Develop new product concepts and formulate prototypes; carry out evaluations/taste-testing and production floor trials.
- Prepare label data for compliance with legal requirements of the consuming country.
- Re-formulate existing products to accommodate new ingredients, new line technologies or new performance requirements such as shelf-life and texture.
- Assist the team with respect to all aspects of international food law requirements (e.g. HACCP) with specific regard to documentation, training, auditing and review of food safety systems. Continually improve all implemented systems.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Manager and Plant Manager in liaising with the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA). To provide to the USFDA product and process information on registered export products as required.