Job Title: Restaurant Supervisor
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Town / City: North South East & West Branches
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Channel Of Communication: The Supervisor will report directly to the Restaurant Manager Or to any person (s) as may be designated from time to time.
Summary Function: The Supervisor ensures:
- The efficient and effective operation of the outlet assigned
- The productive and profitable operation of the outlet assigned
- Must be punctual and professional in dress and manner
- Ensure the highest level of quality is established and maintained with regards to products and service.
- Ensure all Company’s policies and procedures are adhered to by self and all members of staff.
- Be held responsible and accountable in instances of deviation from the Company’s quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Having all menu items on sale.
- Ensure safety and security of staff, customers and the outlet facilities.
- Responsible for staff training and any attendant disciplinary actions.
- Use his / her initiative to motivate staff.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability in leading and motivating a team to achieve target goals or the ability to obtain that knowledge
- High-level organizational and planning skills in a high-pressure stressful environment.
- High level customer service skills
- High level of vigilance and urgency in monitoring operations
- Sound numeric skills
- Emotional Intelligence - maturity, self-assurance and calmness under pressure
- A team player
Knowledge of procedures and policies:
The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of all the restaurant industry, especially regarding customer service, safety and equipment. The Supervisor must understand and keep up with the information in Company’s Manuals and updates.
The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that:
- Quality products are being made to specification.
- The Restaurant and surroundings are kept in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Products are prepared in accordance with the established company’s policies and procedures. The Supervisor should also ensure that all menu items are available during opening hours.
- Cash is kept safely and deposits of sales are in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. Sales are picked up by the security company approved by Royal Castle Limited, at least daily and should include all sales for the day and night, up to one hour before closing.
- The opening and closing of the outlet is based on the Outlet’s hours of operation.
- Preventative Maintenance of equipment at the Outlet is in place.
- Maintenance Reports are completed accurately before submitting to Head Office.
- Staff adheres to RCL dress code policies.
- Continual patrol of the customer contact zones, getting feedback on service and quality.
- They meet with relevant staff on a weekly basis to ensure that the duties on the chart have been satisfactorily completed.
- Waste and shortages are kept to a minimum and recorded.
- Chicken and cash shortage must be dealt with in accordance with company’s policy.