Job Title: Credit Control Manager
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Credit Control Manager
The Credit Control Manager position is accountable for the entire credit granting process with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and minimizing bad debt losses.
- The Credit Control Manager position is accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the credit worthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and minimizing bad debt losses.
- Manages the Credit Control department ensuring that staff carry out the company’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Measure department performance using appropriate metrics.
- Visits customers on a periodic basis to handle queries, build relationships and assess the customers’ current credit worthiness.
- Ensures that accurate and timely reconciliations of customer accounts are prepared and reviewed.
- Oversees pursuit of legal action against delinquent customers until resolution.
- Ensures that Credit applications are prepared for all new accounts and that the necessary credit reports are received from both Bankers and Suppliers, before being approved and account opened.
- Conducts regular meetings with collectors and managers with regard to overall collection strategy and customers’ feedback.
- Improves departmental processes and procedures, e.g. invoicing, follow up, query management.
- Prepares a quarterly schedule of provision for bad debts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Credit management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Experience with integrated accounting software systems (Syspro, SAP, Great Plains) would be an asset.
- Must possess good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Must be a reliable and dependable individual.
- Must possess a high level of efficiency.
- Be willing to periodically travel to customer locations.
- Have considerable experience with customer negotiations.