Job Title: Medical Director
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The incumbent will be responsible for the administration, direction and co-ordination of the clinical services of the Hospital
The incumbent will be responsible for the administration, direction and co-ordination of the clinical services of the Hospital. This responsibility also includes implementation and development of patient care and quality improvement programmes, identification of educational needs of staff, through consultation with administrators of the clinical areas.
- Oversees the clinical and administrative responsibilities of the hospital, working in collaboration with the Hospital Administrator
- Ensures a high level of professional performance and ethical conduct of clinical and medical staff
- Ensures that medical/clinical staff is informed of changes in regulations and policies that may affect medical practice.
- Advises on medical matters.
- Manages and measures the overall performance of the institution and ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Ensures that medical facilities are adequate for the protection of staff and patients against hazards, and maintains proper safety standards.
- Collaborates with the Heads of Departments/Hospital Administrator in the preparation of annual budget for recurrent capital expenditure at the hospital.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Specialist Medical Practitioner as evidenced by a postgraduate Medical qualification.
- At least ten (10) years experience in a similar or related job function.
- Full Registration with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Should possess extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of business management imperatives and perspectives.
- A thorough understanding of the Authority’s short, medium and long term goals and objectives.