Job Title: Supervisor
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Town / City: Price Plaza/ South park
Job Type: Permanent full-time
JOB TITLE: SUPERVISOR
REPORTING TO: Store Manager
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Assisting Manager(s) in the following areas (all tasks and categories)
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, assisting customers and responding to customer inquiries and complaints and all other aspects of customer service
- Maintaining solid product knowledge, with specific knowledge as to its health benefits and pricing strategy with the ability to effectively communicate this knowledge to customers
- Manage guest traffic
- Help maintain and implement awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Demonstrate use and operation of merchandise, machinery
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
Machine and Product Preparation and Maintenance:
- Preparation of yogurt and yogurt dispensers
- Demonstrate use and operation of machinery to staff
- Control, coordinate and assist in use and operation of machinery
- Troubleshoot any problems that may occur with machinery
- Coordinate floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock (toppings, cups, etc).
- Ensure maintenance of a clean floor, tables, counter top, etc
- Ensure that all machinery, equipment, containers, machine parts etc are cleaned thoroughly
- Assist in cleaning yogurt machines
- Aid customers where necessary
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
- Opening and Closing Store as the hours require it.
- Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly displayed and priced and that it functions as advertised
- Plan, direct and assist in activities required for effective and smooth operation of the store. Required scope of work and checklists for required activities
- Plan, direct and implement activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.
- Recommend, select and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
- Hire, train and evaluate personnel in sales and/or marketing.
- Recommending the promotion or firing workers when appropriate except for what is identified as grounds for immediate dismissal
- Instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales through examples, role-playing and real life situations
- Schedule staff hours and assign/roster employees to specific duties that cover all operations and components of the store and its operation
- Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers.
- Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive top quality service and top quality goods.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Carry out performance evaluations as required
- Demonstrate and train staff in the use, operation and care of merchandise, machinery
- Ensure that all standards are maintained throughout
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are followed, implemented and maintained
- Submit all documents and forms (in a folder labeled “Manager’s Folder”) to Managing Director. All documents and forms are to be filled accurately, completely and appropriately at the required intervals (daily, weekly, monthly)
Inventory Control and Management:
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Maintain purchase(s)/goods received log
- Inventory stock and suggest reorder when inventory drops to a specified level.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity and price
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Coordinate assignments of yogurt preparation personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Determine inventory patterns and act to suit
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment
Safety and Security Compliance:
- Monitor compliance with health, safety and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in facility.
- Ensure that all health and safety codes are strictly adhered to (such as employees wearing hair nets at all times, gloves etc)
- Ensure that the back and front of house is consistently and thoroughly cleaned at all times
- Enforce security rules.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed