Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job / Vacancy Application
Job Ref.: SAA/287/EAL
Job Title: SENIOR AUDIT ASSISTANT
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
the incumbent is required to be in possession of motor vehicle in good working condition (as they will have to visit the other locations from time to time).
1. To verify and analyze transactions and representations while conducting reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities.
2. To evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Management controls over those activities.
3. To assist in determining whether organizational units in the company are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with Management’s instructions, and applicable statements of policy and procedures, in a manner consistent with both the company’s objective and high standards of administrative practice.
4. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards.
5. Works under limited supervision.
6. To prepare working papers showing the results of the audit examination.
7. To report audit findings on the results of the review of assigned segments of the audit and to make recommendations for the corrections of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations and reductions in costs.
8. To assist in the performance of special reviews at the request of Management.
A. To assist in planning work on assigned segments of the audit.
B. To assist in determining records or activities to analyze the extent of tests to apply, and the working papers to prepare.
C. To assist in performing the audit in accordance with the approved programme and in a professional manner.
D. To recommend the means of obtaining, analyzing and evaluating evidencing data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of controls and on the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
E. To review transactions, documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
F. To prepare acceptable working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment.
G. To hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify facts and to obtain explanations and reasons for such apparent deficiencies.
H. Performs related work as assigned by the Internal Auditor.
Please fill in the following details.
Back to search page.