Job Title: Scheduler
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: SOUTH EAST -MAYARO,RIO CLARO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Facilitate and lead the development and implementation of Strategic Maintenance Constraint Activity Planning (CAP) project scheduling techniques. Responsible for all CAP maintenance project schedules development and management to ensure all projects are met within cost, schedule and scope.
- Develop detailed schedules (LTP, 8Q, 1Q) with short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all key stakeholders.
- Assist Maintenance Team Leads (MTL’s) with developing detailed budgets based on task breakdown, materials and equipment costs and resource allocation.
- Monitor base lined schedules on a regular basis and assist the MTL’s by providing warnings of serious deviations or variations that may compromise project results.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with the client and contractors to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts and budgets.
- Responsible for preparing and developing all special project reports.
- Track schedules regularly utilising project data such as task percentage complete, actual start and finish dates.
- Responsible for storing all Strategic CAP projects schedule data in the document control system.
- Liaise with the Commercial Team and Supply Chain Management Department on a regular basis to ensure all long lead purchase orders are consistent with schedule deliverables.
- Proactively assess and analyse with the team, any risks and issues that may compromise long term execution performance and results and develop plans to remove or mitigate them.
- Responsible to facilitate the scheduling process and the interaction between the client and the contractors.
- Act as a focal point to coordinate, adjust and agree final CAP project schedules liaising with operations taking into account availability of resources as well as asset plans.
- Management of the maintenance function schedules including regularly updating with progress and changes ensuring all fields are populated within the scheduling tools.
- Proactively identify and communicate risk to PM non-compliance thirteen (13) weeks in advance and support their mitigation
- Liaise with all members of the Planning Team, playing an active role in the implementation and compliance of the CAP project planning process.
- Responsible for achieving the target and completion of the project within the budget and schedule.
- Responsible for following the schedule and providing support in the coordination of resources.
- Ensure that all maintenance scheduling Key Performance Indicators are achieved.
- Responsible for the correct and efficient administration of the scheduling tool
- Familiarisation with technical standards for instance, NFPA, AWS and ISA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- A minimum of five (5) years’ scheduling experience in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical Industry.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly
- Knowledge of maintenance planning and scheduling processes
- Knowledge and good management of planning tools, ideally Primavera P6 and MS Project.
- Experience using MAXIMO.
- Ability to be a team player and display good interpersonal skills
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.