Job Title: Junior Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The incumbentwill be directly responsible for preparing, developing and analyzing key financial information. Reports to and advises the Chief Executive Officer on the performance, stability, growth and profitability of the company.
- Prepares monthly financial statements
- Prepares quarterly and annual budgets with variance analysis and commentaries
- Manages and reduces operational and production costs by implementing effective strategies to ensure spending is kept in line with budget
- Prepares financial information for all major projects, IRR calculations and loans
- Advises on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Monitors and evaluates financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed
- Implements corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Reviews annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS & provide technical accounting guidance
- Assists in the implementation, communication and interpretation of accounting and financial policies
- Evaluates internal controls and oversees compliance
- Prepares and administers the company’s payroll inclusive of all statutory obligations
- Processes TD-4 forms no later than the end of February, ensuring that totals of the year-to-date register (forms HRP) matches the totals on the TD-4 Summary
- Prepares statutory deductions to B.I.R.
- Manage the company’s year-end external audit process including reviewing and preparing schedules for external auditors
- Evaluates the performance of the department’s personnel on a monthly basis to ensure compliance with established policies and objectives of the company
- Drives team performance by providing a stimulating and supportive environment
- Performs related work: the duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to that position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- ACCA Certified Level 2
- Three (3) years accounting experience.
- Strong cost accounting acumen- creating and analyzing with the use of accounting systems and spreadsheets.
- Proven experience in management accounting, taxation, resourcing and budget planning and financial systems development.
- Experience or sound knowledge in project financing is also desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications with particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Committed to meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of Peachtree or similar accounting package would be an asset
- An equivalent combination of training & experience may also be considered