Job Title: Materials Coordinator
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for all material-related requests within their designated operating business asset. Scope includes all material planning and coordination activities with attention to quality, timeliness and efficiency.
The incumbent is required to maintain a focus on key deliverables and effective Subcontracts, fabrication and Purchase Order administration activities including but not limited to the following:
- Expediting discipline input to construction work-packs & provide timely information with respect to availability of materials, equipment and services in respect of the work-packs at each defined stage of the approval cycle.
- Liaison with the executing teams, procurement and warehouse and logistics contractor to co-ordinate the prioritised call-off of materials to satisfy the plan.
- Monitor open materials Purchase Requisitions
- Effective Communication with the Procurement team & the Project fabrication contractors to expedite deliveries, schedules, arrange returns, notify of complaints or rejections.
- Communication with the HSSE Team to ensure timely pre-mobilisation checks where required.
- Assist warehouse in generating and coordinating material returns from work locations.
- Providing input to and / or prepare weekly status reports to the executing team giving a summary of the status of fabrication scopes & material progress.
- Coordination of Inspection Release of materials and fabrications in conjunction with the Responsible Engineer/SPA.
- Understanding the Project Planning and Scheduling methodologies (Primavera P6)
- Liaison with the planner to provide accurate updates to the overall plan.
- Providing detailed Procurement Status Reports (PSR), in line with project reporting deadlines.
- Reviewing performance feedback in respect of materials and services providers;
- Preparing and maintaining structured and indexed files in respect of Subcontract and Purchase Order Documents and store in subcontract files;
- Personally abide by ethical practice in all dealings with company vendors.
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
Professional SCM accreditation eg. CIPS, CPM.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Five (5) years minimum within the Oil & Gas industry
- On / offshore materials co-ordination experience
- Operating a computerised Materials Control system
- Interfacing with Suppliers, Engineering, QA/QC, Document Control, Procurement, and Client representatives
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information
- Ability to work effectively, prioritise and develop realistic action plans in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Word & Excel).
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and related work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.