Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Assist the Finance team with regards to the financial operations of the organization. Supporting activities include: budget preparation, financial forecasting, internal controls and the statutory accounting and Central Bank requirements.
- Understand and demonstrate behaviors aligned with the Groups' Customer Service Philosophy.
- All Foreign Exchange trades and transactional processing.
- Cash liquidity monitoring.
- Preparation of expense accounts, variance analysis and review for management accounts commentary and cost monitoring.
- Preparation of monthly financial report.
- Preparation of fixed asset register monthly.
- Assistance and preparation of key statutory reports for the CBTT, both monthly and quarterly.
- Prepare key reports for Board Package monthly.
- Assist with completion of quarterly group consolidation.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as required.
- Preparation of General Ledger Reconciliations e.g. Bank, Payables(foreign & local).
- Accounting for deferred income, all reconciliations and applicable journal preparations.
- Uploads, receipting and reporting of ACH and Loyalty system.
- Preparation of all suspense reconciliation accounts and any other applicable GL Reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation of VAT and Corporation tax Returns.
- Coordinate filing of legal claims against delinquent customers.
- Adherence to Regulatory Compliance Guidelines, AML/ATF and GFC's
- policies and procedures for all products and services and customer transactions.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- ACCA Level three (3) or a Degree in Accounting or an equivalent recognized professional accounting qualification.
- Three (3) years working experience in a computerized accounting environment.
- Technical Knowledge
- Customer Service
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Problem analysis capability
- Attendance and Punctuality
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE CONTACT:
The Human Resources Department Massy Finance GFC Ltd.
61-63 Edward Street
Port of Spain
Or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.
Please note all applications must be submitted by June 9th 2017..