Job Title: HSSE Advisor
Sector: HEALTH & SAFETY,ENVIRONMENT,SOCIAL WORK
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Audit, Challenge, Coach, Communicate, Develop, Execute, Evaluate, Coordinate, Influence, Monitor, and Train the various HSSE programs within your designated area, guaranteeing the compliance with the HSSE policies, standards and established systems within Massy WG.
- Read and understand the Project Specific HSSE Manual to ensure attainment of established benchmark (90%) on assessment.
- Read and understand the HSSE Execution model with specific focus on Gate 6 which focuses on Field Execution.
- Conduct gate 5 pre-mobilization verification check
- Conduct gate 2, 3 and 4 verification checks that all relevant mitigations are in place.
- Conduct all leading indicators - STOP, SOC’s and Influencer etc.
- Generate balanced weekly HSSE dashboards for assigned specific projects.
- Generate HSSE violations when process/procedure is deviated from.
- Collect and maintain accurate Recordkeeping files, electronic and hard copy. Upload all documentation unto iShare document management system
- Meet or exceed the established Safety Management Audit (SMS) performance goals.
- Conduct Incident Investigations with root cause analysis investigation. Provide summary reports on verification progress, findings, and status on closeout of improvement actions.
- Conduct HSSE training courses with Company and Contractor employees and ensure Company and Contractors are participating in Leading Indicators. All Leading and Lagging Indicators will be recorded and sent to the HSSE Analyst.
- Communicate audit / inspection findings and/or risk interventions to client and immediate supervisors
- Challenge the risk assessment process
- Immediate reporting of Out of Normal Events
- Conduct effective hand over’s
- Ensure compliance to Control of Work
- Conduct walkabouts with front line supervisors and communicate findings
- Heighten attention to high impact safety incentive projects. Capture the recognition of employees going above and beyond HSSE requirements
- Adhere to HSSE gate system and HSSE plans.
- Effective communication of HSSE plan to all levels of employees.
- Raise MOC when required
- Lessons learnt captured and rolled out
- Attend any client / project HSSE meetings
- Adhere to PDCA plans from evaluation of leading and lagging indicators
- Assist in the evaluation of contractors regarding field execution performance and pass on information SCM and the Company Contractor Coordinator
- Read and understand the Corporate HSSE Manual to ensure compliance and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Communicate at all levels of the organization on interpretation, development, implementation and continuous improvement of Company's HSSE Program.
- Flexibility to perform Engineering, Offshore, Onshore and Projects assignments at various locations as deemed necessary.
- Train and coach employees enabling them to implement and apply continuous improvement for effectiveness of Company's HSSE Program.
- Meet or exceed the established Safety Management Audit performance goals.
- Meet or exceed all internal and external HSSE goals/objectives.
- Provide summary reports on verification progress, findings, and status on closeout of improvement actions.
- In coordination with supervisor, determine own work methods and set short/long term goals for Development & Implementation of HSSE policies and procedures to meet Corporate Business objectives for Massy Wood Group.
- Provide direction and support to supervisors and employees. Continue to improve project and subcontractor HSSE performance.
- Capture and develop lessons learned and file in Living the Learning application.
- Support and implement case management strategies.
- Maintain professional development.
- Improve work processes through available technology.
- Maintain professional conduct on and off the job.
- Provide necessary reports to the HSSE Coordinator, SPA and Contractor Representative.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Flexibility to relocate to NMWG site assignments at various locations as deemed necessary.
- Perform all other related job functions as required and as deemed necessary.
- Close the loop with applicable internal and external clients to provide accurate performance rating for contractors that includes all applicable lifecycle of the projects
- Recommend reward, recognition and identify any risk interventions
- Develop and monitor contractor improvement action plans based on project performance to facilitate CI performance.
- Adhere to all HSSE policies/procedures and participate in Leading Indicators that will result in a Zero Accidents culture.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent qualifications
- National Examination Board of Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Certificate/Diploma from a recognised Certified Safety Professional Board
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
- Exposure at an operational location associated with Oil/Gas exploration, production and or processing, preferably in a line position
- Broad knowledge of HSSE regulations (TT laws, API, OSHA, NFPA, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14000) as relates to contractor management
- Knowledge of various operations in oil and gas
- Risk Assessment process
- Excellent communications skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes oneself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
- Working knowledge of Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.