Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
National Shoe and Occupational Supplies Ltd
|Job Title: Assistant Accountant
||Department: Accounts & Finance
|Reports to: Finance Team Lead
||Number of persons to supervise: Two
Position Overview/Job Summary:
Responsible for assisting the administration of the Accounting function, inclusive of the financial statements and other relevant management reports for National Shoe and sister company, Frederic's Fine Leather.
Primary Job Functions:
- Ensure that A/R and A/P records are promptly updated.
- Ensure all statutory returns are submitted on time with the relevant payments.
- Prepare all bank reconciliation statements for both companies.
- Assist with maintaining adequate Inventory controls system
- Update the General ledgers and assist with collection of Accounts Receivables
- Assist with annual financials and monthly management financial reports
- Ensure that Sales reports are accurate and that all funds collected are deposited intact.
- Provide supervision and training to all subordinates
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Professional accounting qualification, e.g. ACCA (level 2 or higher)or at least a bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting or related discipline from a recognised university
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in Accounting, Inventory and Administrative Management with proven leadership abilities.
Other Skill/Knowledge Requirements:
- Computer literate with proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and Peachtree, etc.
- Possess excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and investigative skills,
- Team player with ability to work in fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company.