Job Title: Cashier/ Waitstaff
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION : Waitstaff/Cashier
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager
- Knowledgeable about food, beverages, dining etiquette and dining utensils
- Serve customers in a professional, efficient and courteous manner
- Responsible for entering all restaurant daily sales transactions into the “AVRio” system and for collection of payments by customers for same (except customers with credit facilities) by the way of cash, debit card, or credit card.
- Clean agreed designated areas, in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements
- To change table linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is counted and exchanged for clean, usable items
- Clean and refill condiment sets
- Set tables to laid-down standards, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair
- Ensure sideboards on stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen or other established needs, be they food or equipment
- Take orders from customers and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute
- • Being totally familiar with the composition of all menu and drink items
- Serve food and beverages in accordance with laid-down standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.
- Optimize sales of all food and beverage items
- Clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that customers have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed yet allowing customers to finish their meal without feeling rushed
- Ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the customer, in accordance with the procedures of the company
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer relations, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers
- Any other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Create and process invoices by way of customer order entries into the Rio system.
- Collect payments on invoices by way of cash, debit card, or credit card.
- Ensure that all charge bills are signed by the customer.
- Perform ‘Close-out procedure’ at the end of each shift with supervisor on duty
- Serve in the café if/when the need arises
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- The individual must be customer-oriented and results driven. He/ she must be a team player with a positive work ethic and a strong commitment to growth and development. The incumbent must at all time be able to work under pressure and must exude professionalism as well as provide a professional image
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Must possess at least 5 CXC passes including Mathematics & English Language
- Computer literacy will be an asset
1. Hours of Work
Normal workweek shall consist of forty hours, Sunday to Saturday on a shift basis. However, from time to time you may be required to work longer hours
- Allocation of Time
It is the employee’s personal responsibility, within the framework of the tasks he/she has been set, to ensure that his/her time is distributed between tasks in the most advantageous way to the overall benefit of the Company.
- Customer Relations
The employee is to communicate courteously and effectively with customers at all levels and make best efforts to assist, so as to ensure that the Company’s image is always protected and maintained at the highest possible level.