Job Title: Distribution Driver/ Warehouse Attendant
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
DISTRIBUTION DRIVER/ WAREHOUSE ATTENDANT
The Driver would be required for the accurate and timely delivery of customer orders to all geographical locations as defined by delivery volumes and demand.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Transports all assigned orders to the customers’ compound in a timely manner
- Undertakes full responsibility for the handling, security and safety of all inventory during the transportation process in accordance to company’s policies and procedures
- Assists in the loading of the Delivery Vans with all assigned customer orders
- Assists in the accurate and timely unloading of all assigned orders at the respective customer’s compound
- Plans daily routes based on assigned customer orders to ensure all deliveries are achieved to maintain customer satisfaction
- Maintains regular vehicular checks and promptly reports all vehicular malfunctions to Dispatch Supervisor
- Maintains detailed records of mileage, fuel and consumption and communicates such information to the Dispatch
Supervisor on a daily basis
- Abides by all traffic laws and sound traffic practices at all times
- Adheres to company’s policies and procedures with regards to the handling and maintenance of assigned vehicle
- Co-ordinates with the Loader to ensure all assigned customer orders are delivered i.e. minimal orders are returned to the compound for re-delivery
- Performs other related tasks and duties as required by Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent
- A Primary School leaving Certificate and enrolled in a Secondary School
- Class 4 Heavy T Driving Licence
- Three to five years of relevant driving experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:-
- Ability to meet physical requirements including lifting heavy items throughout the day.
- Punctual and neat appearance.
- Reliable, trustworthy and a good team player
- Respectful, well spoken and courteous to customers and co-workers.
- Strong knowledge about routes and geography
- Awareness of safety procedure for goods loading and unloading processes
- Ability to meet delivery deadlines
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Certificate of good Character and a clean Police Record
- Good communication and concentration skills
- Excellent driving skills and being able to work under pressure
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
UNSUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED