Job Title: Subcontracts Administrator
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: SOUTH WEST -LA BREA,POINT FORTIN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The candidate will be responsible for assisting the Subcontracts Team with administrative and technical support necessary for performing the pre-award development and post award administration of Massy WG subcontracts.
The incumbent is required to maintain a focus on key deliverables and effective subcontract administration activities throughout the subcontract cycle from strategy development to final reconciliation and close-out activities including but not limited to the following:
- Contribute to the development of bid plan strategies for materials, products, services and the like, which may be utilised by Massy Wood Group projects; Use empirical data to review performance feedback in respect of current approved suppliers of products and services providers;
- Issue formal electronic request for Information and Supplier Prequalification Questionnaires (SPQ); Co-ordinate responses and discipline review from QA/QC and HSSE and confirm accreditation status in respect of ISO 9001 2000, SToW, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, review of Quality Management System and HSEE Management System and tabulate outcomes;
- Evaluate proposed financial figures, follow up Credit Agency rating with (Dun & Bradstreet) or similar; financial metrics and weighting. Confirm Supplier country of registration;
- Assign Commodity Codes to Massy Wood Group Supplier Information System (SIS) database;
- Issue Expression of Interest (EOI) to prospective Bidders; Provide planning and estimate information to Project Controls from market responses to Expressions of Interest EOI);
- Develop strategy document Tender Evaluation Plan (TEP) for materials, products, services; Define Bidders List, Schedule of Key Dates, the Contracting strategy, Scope of Supply/Services, Tender Evaluation team members, evaluation and award criteria;
- Determine number and type of subcontracts. Determine appropriate Contract Form using contract selection Work Instructions;
- Use Massy Wood Group Value Decision and Risk Management Model (VDRM) options selection tool to determine amongst other things; tender evaluation weightings;
- Prepare Tender Board information and Strategy Approval Request Forms; Create Tender Board Minutes of Meeting, incorporate comments and issue for use;
- Prepare and maintain structured and indexed files in respect of Enquiry Documents and store in subcontract enquiry files;
- Issue Single Source Justifications as required in conjunction with technical disciplines for Non-Competitive tendering.
- Determine sealed bid or open tenders under Massy Wood Group Tender thresholds; Follow Sealed Bid protocols, prepare and maintain Bid Opening Report index and store in the subcontract enquiry file;
- Issue Invitations to Tender Documents to approved Bidder(s) by E-mail complete with all necessary Tender instructions, bid close date, proforma documents, COMPANY Terms and Conditions of Contract, Technical, Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Assurance (HSE & QA) and Local Content requirements.
- Formally respond by Tender clarification requests in respect of Tender documents;
- Administer bid receipt under Massy Wood Group bid receipt procedures; Update Bid Opening Report with the record of all Tender Bulletins issued in respect of the Invitation to Tender;
- Administer Technical un-priced and technical priced distribution and security protocols; In conjunction with the Responsible Engineer co-ordinate completion of the Technical, HSSE, and QA/QC evaluation forms, and return;
- Administer bid clarification requests, manage Bid clarification meetings and attendees, issue minutes of meeting and maintain fully indexed files and key correspondence;
- Complete Commercial Bid Tab and maintain in subcontract enquiry file, evaluate bids based on price, commercial exceptions, guarantees, previous experience, sub-suppliers, and delivery terms;
- Prepare Recommendations to Award including Commercial Bid Tab, Technical Bid tab, summary of all Tender Bulletins, Technical recommendation and commercial recommendation in line with compliance checklist;
- Complete company's Tender Board application for approval of Contract. Administer invitations to COMPANY Representatives;
- Prepare Standard Contract Form for review by Team Lead and Massy Wood Group legal team as required;
- Issue Subcontract in Massy Wood Group Operating System for Approval in line with Delegation of Authority (DOA);
- Prepare and administer Kick-off meeting agenda, invite attendees as a minimum: Procurement HSE, QA, Engineering, COMPANY representatives, issue Minutes of Meeting to all attendees ensuring all key elements of the Supplier/Subcontractors delivery are confirmed;
- Monitor and administer Value of Work Done (VOWD), administer invoices and Variation Order Requests (VOR) claims; Prepare Tender Board applications for Variation Order Requests.
- Determine frequency of Performance Feedback reporting. Single contract/PO, monthly, quarterly, annually dependent on the frequency and complexity of the scope of supply/service;
- Develop claims in respect of Ascertained Damages for review and acceptance by the Subcontract Team Lead and Supply Chain Manager, prepare Tender Board Application in respect of any claim for Liquidated Damages;
- Implement improvement plans where there is a significant gap between expectations and Subcontractor actual performance;
- Maintaining accurate records in a high pressure environment
- Ensuring company obligations to subcontractors are met
- Keeping apprised of current business practices and market conditions in order to make appropriate subcontractor selection recommendations
- Effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.Sc.) from a recognised four university and currently studying within a Contract or Legal Post Graduate Degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information; Ability to work effectively, prioritise and develop realistic action plans in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly; Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Word & Excel).
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.