Job Title: Deck Services Supervisor
Location: SOUTH EAST -MAYARO,RIO CLARO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Deck Services Supervisor
The Deck Services Supervisor is a hands-on position which is responsible for leading related deck service operation and maintenance programs assuring the availability and reliability of the equipment in compliance with the company’s standards.
- Supervise all helideck operations, scaffolding, maintenance painting crews and minor construction activities on the asset.
- Responsible for the supervision of all lifting operations, review and approval of lift plans below the gross weight of 20 Tons and engage specialist support for non-routine lifts as required.
- Identify, assign and optimise resources such that the cost efficiency and asset integrity standards of the company and its clients are maintained.
- Provide leadership and motivation to the team, guiding and supporting the execution of activities in an organised and effective manner generating value to both the company and the client.
- Responsible for ensuring that all subordinates strive to enhance the overall relationship with field maintenance and operations personnel.
- Ensure all work carried out complies with company and client standards along with current legislation and follows sound maintenance practices.
- Review all reports under areas of control to determine accuracy and follow up on any corrective or improvement actions.
- Review and approve all work packages and procedures for areas under control before execution.
- Liaise with operations and field maintenance to coordinate the scheduling of activities for the asset.
- Responsible for input to plans and schedules, achievement of agreed schedule, and early identification of areas of concern with necessary corrective action identified.
- Identify improvement opportunities that add value to both the company and the client.
- Responsible for capturing and distributing all lessons learned during activities as well as to develop preventative or corrective actions as required.
- Ensure all records and documentation, both electronic and manual, are maintained to auditable standards.
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness to ensure all sub-ordinates are aware of standards expected to proactively assist in improving and maintaining high HSSE standards and performance.
- Lead risk assessments and actively participate in the investigation of equipment failures/incidents for areas under control.
- Lead the execution of routine daily deck services operations, assuring that all allocated responsibilities are dealt with accordingly.
- Carry out emergency response duties as required.
- Ensure a safe place of work by complying with safety standards such as NFPA 70E; NFPA 70B; NEC; NESC as well as Permit to Work (PTW) system and safe working procedure(s), in accordance with the Client’s Control of Work(COW) standards.
- Associate Degree in a related field or a Technical Diploma (MET, EEET, PPO).
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience performing similar role/duties.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures and policies for deck operations.
- Approved training courses, either Cogent or Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
- Experience with offshore lifting operations.
- Experience in construction method and techniques as well as maintenance activities (preventive, predictive and corrective).
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to delegate work assignments and give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Experience driving and assuring HSSE standards.
- Experience managing people.
- Experience and knowledge of different CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems) preferably MAXIMO and must be able to use the system to perform activities up to and including:
- Conduct Searches/Queries
- Create Work Requests
- Make Status Updates
- Complete Work Orders
- Reporting & Generating Follow up Work Orders
- Flagging/Requesting improvements
- Intermediate Computer Literacy skills with proficiency in MS Office.
- Must be a good communicator, and team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.