Job Title: Buyer
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Buyer is responsible for ensuring maximum value is derived from purchase expenditure, ensuring continuity of supply while minimizing investment, handling purchases of items and services and conducting negotiations with local & international vendors for assigned purchases.
- Receives approved requisitions from requestors (planners, technicians, engineers etc.) and other company functions, for a variety of materials, services and equipment and places orders with services and materials vendors locally and abroad.
- Maximize value and optimizes savings by coordinating alternate sourcing of material, product evaluation, lifecycle costing, competitive bidding and price negotiations with vendors. Ensures the uninterrupted supply of materials and services to all internal clients.
- Ensures the timely delivery of materials and services through forward planning.
- Resolves disputes arising with vendors concerning quality, price or delivery problems and handles claims and counter claims as they arise.
- Ensure a cost effective delivery of materials and services as specified in the Purchase Orders; abiding to the specified quality, quantity, cost and target delivery date.
- Identify and implement best practices in all procurement processes and build supportive internal and external relationships within Procurement and other business functions.
- Follow sourcing strategies as specified in company’s procurement strategy and procedures.
- Maintain absolute transparency in all processes
- Create purchase orders that are technically robust assuring they contain all the necessary information for all parties involved.
- Must assure vendor submits mandatory documentation such as material test certificates, certificates of conformance, tests certificates, product manuals as per technical requirements.
- Must assure vendor dispatches materials properly packaged for land, air or and maritime transportation.
- Ensure full understanding of the customer needs and technical requirements before proceeding with orders
- Contribute to enrich database of local and foreign vendors in the company Approved Vendor List.
- Research market and identify new sourcing options. Shall be responsible for the appropriate vendor selection and bidding processes
- Assist in the creation and continuous improvement of procurement procedures. Must work proactively to identify ways of streamlining the activities in order to operate in a more efficient and cost effective manner
- Responsible for establishing reliable, long term win-win relationships with vendors based on truth and excellent communication channels
- Must be able to resolve most discrepancies with vendors and any transactional issues associated with the commodities or locations assigned.
- Must be responsible for providing proactive solutions for all procurement issues.
- Must attend relevant meetings with vendors, internal customers and client as requested and required.
- Must take full ownership of all aspects of the procurement P2P process, from requisition to final payment of vendors assisting with the resolution of invoice issues related to purchases
- Produce reports on materials status and procurement activities for management.
- Must assure purchases are executed in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Support team to achieve procurement department’s KPI’s.
- Support Catalog Administrator to assure all materials are properly described in the materials catalog of Maximo.
- Must handle Materials/ Service requisitions in an efficient and effective manner.
- Must provide prompt feedback of Purchase Orders status to internal customers and on a monthly basis he must meet with them to assure their expectations are being met.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Degree in Purchasing, Materials Management, Logistics, Business Administration or engineering preferred.
- CIPS certification up to level 4 minimum (or equivalent)
- At least three (3) years in similar post, preferably in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems associated to a procurement process.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Proficient customer service oriented specifically towards internal customers and vendors
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Good understanding of commercial terms and conditions.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Willing to work outside of normal hours as the job requires.
- Must be punctual, organized, detail oriented, forward thinking, self-driven, goal achiever and have ability to multitask.
- Proficient in MS Office and Maximo system.
- Full knowledge and understanding of Purchasing methods and procedures and technical specifications in the industry.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.