Job Ref.: Job 009-17
Job Title: Server
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
We are looking for dynamic, customer service driven persons for all of our Branches.
Smiles, greets and seats guest in the dining room. Uses wait sheet and seating grid to control the flow of business throughout the dining area in order to ensure prompt guest service, as well as manage the flow of orders into the kitchen
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides guests through food, beverage and promotional menus.
- Make suggestions and answers questions regarding food, beverages and service.
- Writes down, repeats order and accurately inputs guests’ orders at the micros unit.
- Delivers food and beverage from kitchen and service bar according to RT standards.
- Ensures high quality preparation and presentation of food and beverage items.
- Responsible for attention and response to guests’ needs and requests throughout entire meal.
- Presents accurate guests cheque, accepts payments, and quickly makes correct change.
- Specific side work and station maintenance.
- Serves a 2-4 table station.
- Maintains a pleasant, courteous and friendly attitude while contributing to a team work based environment.
- Required to greet and bid farewell to every guest as they enter and leave the restaurant to ensure a positive dining experience.
The Server will be expected to operate within the following conditions and standards;
- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift and carry.
- Able to accurately count money and make change.
- Carries either service tray weighing up to 40lbs. of food plates between kitchen and dining room about 30 times per shift.
- Reading and writing skills required.
- Interacts verbally with guests.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to cuts, tripping, slipping, falls and burns.