Job Title: Junior Category Manager
Sector: ADVERTISING, MARKETING, MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Junior Category Manager
The incumbent is responsible for managing revenue and overall profits and losses (P&L) for assigned categories, developing the customer centric strategic plan for each category.
- Sourcing new items and developing existing brands while ensuring that product mix is competitive and maximizing profits.
- Developing and building relationships with new and existing vendors and suppliers, including managing day-to-day category vendor relations and growth opportunities.
- Participating in the negotiation of terms and buying contracts to obtain the most advantageous pricing, maximize business profits and deliver best value to customers.
- Executing plans for pharmaceutical shortages and drug recalls.
- Developing and managing specific projects/assignments to avoid stock outs and, in the occurrence of such, locating alternative vendors from which products can be sourced.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of category business plans to support profitable and sustained growth through optimal product selection, pricing, merchandising and promotions.
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive analysis of assigned categories as appropriate and applying insights gained from same in planning activities.
- Managing stock levels according to sales trends to ensure effective SKU control and proper inventory levels at all locations.
- Creating and maintaining sales and promotional plans for key assigned categories to support outstanding store execution.
- Collaborating with the Planogram Analyst on all planograms and planogram category strategies, utilizing sound analytics, and working with relevant personnel to ensure effective execution of same at Store Level.
- Undergraduate Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy and a current pharmacy practicing certificate from the Pharmacy Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Minimum two (2) years’ work experience in procurement and/or purchasing role, merchandising, vendor relations and marketing in retail business.
- Knowledge of customer centric retailing principles and the analytics of customer purchase behavior, retail business financial concepts.
Skills/Abilities considered as assets for the job:
- In-depth knowledge of the fundamental principles of the procurement and supply chain process.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team of direct reports.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Computer literate and intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Excel; Word and PowerPoint.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and possess a vehicle in good working condition that he/she is willing to use in the execution of job responsibilities.
- Ability to travel overseas from time to time for the purpose of attending trade shows.