Job Title: Accounting Assistant (Accounts Receivable)
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Accounting Assistant (Accounts Receivable)
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations in relation to the Accounts Receivable Function.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations in relation to the Accounts Receivable Function. This individual is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties pertaining to the Accounts Receivable Function.
- Perform the day to day processing of transactions to ensure that MASSY WG’s finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Prepare, verify and obtain approval of invoices prior to submission to clients.
- Collaborate with the Accountant to maintain collection goals and general Accounts Receivable performance levels.
- Communicate with internal/external clients as necessary to complete job functions.
- Prepare receipts for third party payments, whether by cash, cheque, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Maintain and reconcile the customer sub-ledger to the general ledger.
- Prepare and reconcile customer payments to general ledger.
- Maintain and update customer records.
- Prepares periodic financial, statistical or operational reports as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining a daily cash balance and balancing cash on hand against receipts.
- Assists in preparing and balancing deposits.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliations and clearance of reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Assists with Special Projects as required.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
- Associate of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Level I
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy with the insight to coordinate priorities efficiently.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments and key business partners.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
- Intermediate computer skills with experience in MS Office and Finance software packages.