Job Title: Cost Analyst
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: SOUTH EAST -MAYARO,RIO CLARO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Cost Analyst must have a comprehensive working knowledge of the Cost function within a project/maintenance environment. They must have the ability to take the lead on multiple projects concurrently and be an advisor from a cost perspective on all projects under purview.
The Senior Cost Analyst must have a comprehensive working knowledge of the Cost function within a project/maintenance environment. They must have the ability to take the lead on multiple projects concurrently and be an advisor from a cost perspective on all projects under purview.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Project Controls.
- Ability to understand client contracts to be able to speak to commercial contract clauses and risk where necessary.
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel to ensure that cost control procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare Cost Time Resources (CTRs) and change requests for approval by client.
- Review cost commitment and expenditure information (for all cost elements), for input to the computerised cost control and reporting system on a weekly basis and ensure that all information received is accurate and correctly inputted.
- Prepare monthly/weekly cost reports and advise key stakeholders of any forecast cost overruns as soon as possible to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner. Highlight areas of concern and suggest areas of improvement.
- Measure Earned Value (EV) for each project.
- Prepare other corporate/contract/project reports or presentations for internal customers (e.g. management) and external customers (clients).
- Measure Value of work done (VOWD) for each project through the use of business systems.
- Maintain comprehensive accessible registers of financial approvals, variations and change orders.
- Review project man-hours and the allocation of man-hours in conjunction with Planners on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with the Finance department with regards to establishing monthly evaluation of work done, goods received and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification.
- Ensure that all cost related work is in compliance with the contract.
- Maintain charge-out rates within computerised cost system ensuring they are up to date and all rate uplifts are implemented.
- Maintain a full understanding of Massy Wood Group business systems.
- Assist Estimator in preparation of estimates where necessary. Where possible prepare estimates for review by estimator.
- Liaise with other disciplines in the control and forecasting of budgets and ensuring that all scopes including change requests are included.
- Ensure that the corporate and contract-specific change control procedures are being adhered to.
- Ensure all contracts are set up on system to accurately capture and report cost across contracts and projects.
- Ensure proper change management process is carried out across all projects and in adherence to Massy Wood Group procedures.
- Coordination of the time writing process within the computerised cost system.
- BSc in Finance or a related field/ACCA or equivalent.
- Three (3) years’ relevant work experience.
- PMP certification will be considered an asset.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Good working knowledge of cost management software.
- Good understanding of the basic principles of Project Management.
- Good understanding of Cost Management, Planning, Estimating and Change Control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to understand complex systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide input to the resolution of problems.
- High degree of Computer Literacy.