Job Title: Instrument Technician
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Instrumentation Technician is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work is carried out efficiently and safely and that support is provided to less experienced Instrumentation Technicians.
- To support the maintenance team in performing planned maintenance work in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with approved standards, processes and documentation.
- Actively participate in the reviewing of the Equipment Specific Maintenance Programme (ESMP) in order to improve the instruments maintenance plan
- Ensure the product metering system is maintained and operated within design parameters and fulfils the Fiscal requirements
- Execute the work packages assigned according to plan, ensuring work is completed satisfactorily, in a safe and efficient manner and recorded on the planned maintenance history records
- Report any failure, sub-standard conditions, or incidents affecting instrumentation equipment, production or property of the Client to the Team Leader or a more senior Technician
- Carry out emergency response duties as required
- Provide valid, accurate and up to date information for the Computerized Maintenance Management System, through detailed documentation of Work Orders.
- Identify all consumables and spares for the discipline, and monitor quantity levels and adequate storage conditions.
- Participate in assessing the effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Provide OJT (On-the-Job Training) for less experienced technicians so they are fully supported in their assigned tasks and perform competency assurance assessment
- Ensure a safe place of work by complying with Permit to Work (PTW) system and safe working procedure(s) and in accordance with bpTT’s Control of Work (COW) standards
- Effective and timely maintenance of all relevant instruments
- Effective troubleshooting and resolution of problems affecting instruments
- Reading and interpreting Technical Drawings and Layouts
- Perform all other related job functions as required
- Instrumentation Technician’s Diploma (IIET) or equivalent certification in a related area of study
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- OSHA/bpTT’s Control of Work (COW) mandatory training
- A minimum of four (4) years Oil & Gas experience
- Good level of troubleshooting and operations knowledge
- Instrument related experience dealing with a variety of instruments for the Oil and Gas industry
- Ability to manage the Spares and Maintenance manuals
- Must be a good communicator, and team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Familiar with Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Word & Excel), CMMS (Maximo).
- Proficient with CBM techniques utilized by the company e.g. Vibration Analysis and Oil Sampling
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and related work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.