Job Title: Garage Manager
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION - GARAGE MANAGER
Manages and motivates all services’ staff and other personnel involved in delivering high level, quality service, and on time delivery of service vehicles in order to ensure growth and expansion to achieve targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze current procedures and activities to identify and present opportunities for improvement of the Garage.
- Ensure that the department is adequately staffed to achieve objectives, and that technicians are aware of procedures for using new products and equipment.
- Facilitate the orientation of new team members in collaboration with the Garage Supervisor by familiarizing them with work surroundings, explaining work hours, procedures, use of equipment and job expectations and ensure that new team members understand their respective duties.
- Maintain good relationships with customers.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Garage.
- Facilitate the training and development of team members in the department, by providing feedback and coaching to support improvements in their job performance.
- Conduct Performance Appraisal
- Provide advice and technical assistance to team members.
- Evaluate the impact of work delays, interruptions or changes in plans to develop appropriate course of actions.
- Monitor workflow to anticipate impact of delays due to team members being absent for leaves, holidays or sickness.
- Review service orders and inspect the quality of a technician repairs before the release of vehicles.
- Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to policies and procedures.
- Plan and adjust the workloads of department personnel to match their skills and abilities.
- Arrange for delivery of vehicles / equipment to customers.
- Maintain communication with GM to report unusual concerns and share new ideas that may contribute to improved Operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience in a similar environment will be an asset
- A Valid PLEA passport / card
- Must be computer literate