Job Title: Purchasing Supervisor
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise everyday activities of all Purchasing Staff and provide training to staff as required in your position for the efficient functioning of the Company.
- Promote good procurement practice supporting requesters in allocated budget areas.
- Check validity of requests to purchase, obtaining any additional necessary paperwork and manage any non-compliance requests.
- Liaise with requesters/ departmental contacts to ensure timely resolution of queries.
- Track outgoing supplier Purchase Order and incoming customer Purchase Orders.
- Evaluate and monitor all reports for inventory re-order.
- Prepare all contract terms and conditions with Suppliers.
- Negotiate favourable credit terms and payment options with Suppliers.
- Maintain Agency Letters with suppliers.
- Provide Accounts Payable with a weekly cash flow requirement.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to resolve supplier payment issues.
- Provide status reports to the C.E.O, Operations Manager and C.F.O. on an agreed basis.
- Identify opportunities to add value to the procurement process throughout the Company.
- Lead and implement general cost-saving initiatives.
- Seek competitive pricing from various Suppliers.
- Evaluate all quotes and coordinate with vendors.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
- Performs any other relevant functions that Senior Managers may from time to time assign to the post.
- Minimum of five (5) CXC O’Level passes (including Math and English)
- B.Sc. Business Management
- CIPS qualification or an equivalent will be an added bonus
- A minimum of two (2) years in a similar position.