Job Title: Physiotherapist I
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
To provide physiotherapy services to patients/ clients with impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physiotherapy function and health status resulting from injury, disease or other causes
- Plans, supervises and administers Physical Therapy treatments, programmes and activities, including the use of techniques such as massage, exercise, heat rays, electricity, hydrotherapy, etc. in accordance with procedures prescribed by the Physician
- Consults with supervisors regarding long-term planning for patients’ treatment and communicate patient progress as required, making modifications where necessary
- Supervises, lectures and trains assistants in the administration of therapeutic treatments, in the maintenance and operation of therapeutic equipment and in the preparation and maintenance of records, reports and papers
- Evaluates acute and handicapped patients for required treatments where not specified by a Physician
- Communicates with patients’ families relative to home programs as required
- Submits reports to internal and external entities as required
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Physical Therapy
- Registration with the Council for Professions related to Medicine.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar or related field.