Job Title: Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
ANSA Technologies Limited is seeking a dynamic and energetic professional to join out team in the position of Accountant. He/ she will support the Finance Manager in the application of accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Finance Team and the Executive Leadership Team in managing and executing finance-related activities across the company. This position will report key business metrics, identify and implement process improvements, and support strategic initiatives.
The position is responsible for:
- Effectively and accurately manage the company’s financial records ensuring the appropriate accounting control and procedures.
- Prepares day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that the company’s financial records are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Assist with the management of the Company's working capital, liquidity and optimal utilization of its cash resources.
- Review and monitor financial activity for all ATL's projects; in particular, revenue recognition calculations and tracking cost against budget to avoid overruns.
- Review and monitor the quarterly stock count process, including on site supervision during the counts, reviewing the validity of stock count variances and assist with quarterly stock count planning.
- Supervise and coordinate the work activities of Finance Staff.
- Communicate complex business issues in a clear and concise manner both verbally and via presentations.
- Provide support to the Chief Financial Officer Director in the delivery of action items stemming from strategic meetings / directives.
- Monitor and assess revenue and expenditure arising from Projects operations to ensure all cost are captured, accurate and complete and Revenue is accurate and in compliance with the prevailing International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) . Provide detailed analyses for negative variances.
- Monitor and assess the inventory accounting process to ensure any potential risk to loss or inaccurate reporting of Inventory balances and charges to cost of sales is detected timely.
- Design and deliver corporate planning templates as required by Head Office and guided by the Finance Manager/ Managing Director.
- Monitor and assess expenditure to ensure same is within budget per month and year-to date. Provide detailed analyses for negative variances.
- Prepare Management Accounts monthly and Report on the performance to the Finance Manager and Managing Director
- Work closely with the external auditors at year end and interim audits.
- Monthly reconciliation of general ledger balances producing analysis of such.
- Compile, extract, manipulate and analyze complex data to formulate actionable conclusions.
- ACCA qualified with 2-3 year post qualification experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Dynamics Great Plains.
- Ability to analyze situations, identifying key or underlying complex issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to apply extensive / in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result effectively.
- 5 - 7 years progressive working experience in an Accounting environment with at least 2 years at a supervisory level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.