This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- To ensure exemplary standards of customer and operational service are provided to the client and visitors to the sites at all times.
- To provide support with team building and staff morale will be a priority of the jobholder, coupled with fostering good relationships with the retailer customers.
- To positively contribute to the performance and development of the cleaning, pest and waste services.
- To manage the cleaning, pest and waste operations of the contract and actively support the service team.
- To control the delivery of the staff rotas and assisting with correct manning levels are maintained at all times, including shift cover for sick and holiday absence.
- To control staff holiday bookings, ensuring the cleaning services are maintained at all times.
- To lead the performance development and motivation of the team.
- To support the maintenance of standards of discipline and welfare amongst the team members in accordance with the company policies and values
- To report to the Account Manager any event that may be detrimental to the fulfillment of the provision of the service teams on site.
- To ensure the necessary internal site inspections are completed with agreed time-scales and if required, provide a detailed action plan and supervise all non-compliance.
- To understand client requirements of the service and provide solutions to meet their needs and contribute to achieving service customer objectives.
- To conduct induction training, developing and retraining of staff.
- To ensure all staff are presentable in the company uniforms, their personal appearance and personal hygiene are to the highest standards possible.
- To supervise the monitoring and improvement needs of customer satisfaction for the housekeeping team’s delivery.
- To ensure a timely response to all operational issues and events.
- To ensure all cleaning, pest and waste schedules is completed within the service time-scales.
- To ensure all cleaning equipment, powered machinery, chemicals and storage rooms are maintained safely and are safe for use; and all required staff and are trained in their use.
- To ensure that staff adopt a proactive approach to the cleaning service and job responsibilities with a flexible and positive attitude.
- To deliver good communications and motivation with colleagues / site supervisors, staff and line management.
- To have the ability to conduct quality audits and site inspections and ensure that the contract achieves company standards and client needs.