Job Title: Project Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Ansa Merchant Bank Limited is looking for a Project Accountant to work on a dynamic systems project with the core implementation team.
The Project Accountant is expected to spend time with all departments in the bank to gain a thorough knowledge of all products, how they are initiated, authorised, recorded and reported. Having a thorough knowledge of the bank, the Project Accountant will then provide the knowledge and expertise for the AMBL/CFC Core Banking Project. The Project Accountant ensures that the recording and reporting of all transactions, is accurate according to current business requirements and future product offerings. Additionally, he/she must support the definition of business processes and rules to be built into the systems pertaining to their area of expertise and others applicable. The incumbent may be required to work extra hours and weekends to accomplish project deliverables and at various peak times during the project execution
- Generic responsibilities of the Project Accountant include:
- Work closely with the Finance, Operations and Front Office teams to understand the end to end process flows within the bank from initiation of transaction by client, the approval process, recording on the system and reporting.
- Working with the finance team to understand the Bank’s products, accounting for these and all the reporting requirements (CBTT, SEC, IFRS)
- Reviews process design and recommends improvements where required.
- Identify and track risks for responsible business area, Accounting and overall project.
- Acts as an intermediary between the project implementation team and the Bank’s Accounting team for any queries, problems and approval requests as required.
- Keep abreast of all business and regulatory changes (e.g. IFRS 9 and IFRS 15) which will affect system requirements.
- Review and become familiar with the new banking system (T24) Product Manuals.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings or project workshops as required.
- Validate build requirements and sign off same; requirements will incorporate all user interface, functionality, attributes and rules from the Analysis and Design phase.
- Provides input for the design and construction of test cases, scenarios and scripts, inclusive of entry and exit acceptance criteria.
- Executes test cases, scenarios and scripts.
- Sign off testing after validation of test results for Accounting unit.
- Compilation of User Manuals.
- ACCA Qualified
- A sound knowledge of local and international Accounting Standards
- Financial Services experience an asset
- Audit Experience an asset
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish project goals
- Motivated, flexible and ability to use own initiative