Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments and communicating with operators.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, hand and power tools.
- Operate a drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and determine root cause to reduce / eliminate future downtime.
- Adhere to and enforce all safety rules of the Company during the performance of his/her duties.
- Perform welding duties as required.
- Perform any related duties as assigned by the Plant Maintenance Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Certification in Welding from a recognised institution
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably in the food manufacturing industry)
- Knowledge of electrical systems
- Knowledge of a variety of welding equipment, welding concepts, practices, procedures and welding symbols and diagrams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work on a shift basis