Job Title: Automotive Service Advisor
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Automotive Service Advisor
We are looking for outgoing and self-motivated individuals with a winning attitude and work ethic.
A Service Advisor greets customers, listens to their description of the problems or service needed, determines the type of service required, and prepares repair orders. If a vehicle requires additional repairs not covered in the original order, they estimate the additional cost and telephone the customer for permission to do the work, They also advise customers on other available services.
- Advises customers about necessary service for routine maintenance.
- Helps identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer or doing a visual inspection or road test.
- Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures, and prepare work order for needed repairs.
- Prepares a repair order showing time, cost and labor estimates for service.
- Writes a brief description of the customer's concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
- Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the customer.
- Handles customer complaints.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information using an i-pad.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establishes “promised time.” Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
- Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Must have two years of experience in an automotive environment
- Need to have a great driving record.
- Possess strong computer literacy.
- Have a energetic and positive attitude with everyone.
- Must pass a drug screen to ensure we build safe and winning teams.