Job Title: Packaging Technician
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Packaging Technician to maintain operating equipment through maintenance activities taking into account predictive maintenance information, preventative maintenance schedules and machine availability.
- Perform corrective, predictive, preventative and routine maintenance on:
- Primary and secondary packaging machines
- Conveyor systems
- Production machines
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical and electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments and communicating with Operators.
- Set up equipment for production inclusive of moving mobile packaging equipment in and out of the Packaging Department.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Operate equipment, inclusive of lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and determine root cause to eliminate future downtime;
- Read and accurately interpret technical equipment documents;
- Assist with installation and/or modification of equipment to improve efficiency.
- Perform any other related functions consequential and incidental to the position.
Qualifications / Education:
- MEEET or equivalent qualification
- Microsoft Office Suite certification (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering principles, methods and techniques.
Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Sound knowledge of electrical and electronic systems.
- Excellent critical thinking, operations analysis and complex problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and writing).
- Capable of working on a shift basis.
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as required.
- Must be a team player.
- Must adhere to and enforce all safety rules and good manufacturing practices of the Company during the performance of his/her duties.