Job Title: Sales and Catering Associate
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Sales and Catering Associate
|Scope: We are looking for outstanding, self-motivated individuals with great attitude and work ethic to join our team
Role and Responsibilities
- Creates and assists sales team with contracts, proposals, addendums and other customer correspondence.
- Phone coverage and assists clients as needed under the direction of the sales team.
- Compiles sales kits and clients gifts.
- Assists with groups follow up and other rooming list related tasks as well as site inspections.
- Assists with special event coordination such as RSVPs, printing and mailing etc.
- Creates and maintains long-lead editorial calendars for the hotel and applicable outlets such as f&b, spa etc. by obtaining approval from all parties involved.
- Follow up on department’s sales goals on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Develop new business opportunities to meet the needs of customers
- Work with hotel operations to understand key satisfaction drivers, help address problem experience and contribute to solutions that will enhance the hotels’ reputation in social media channels.
- Manage active and engage communities around a defined topic or topics by creating and executing long lead editorial calendars, monitoring online reservations and participating in those conversations to build brand visibility, guest satisfaction, engagement and advocacy.
- Achieve the established goal for a positive online presence for the hotel by integrating property-specific and brand messaging in a compelling way for participants as well as provide measurement if the impact to the hotels overall business. Produce and distribute monthly analytics report, share key drivers of positive or constructive trends, and track progress on KPIs.
- Help develop and implement strategic sales plan
- Maintain current knowledge of all Carlson Social Media Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance.
Qualifications | education | requirements
- University Degree in a related field
- Three years’ experience in a sales environment
- Experience in a hotel environment would be an asset
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Ability to gasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales and General Manager