Job Ref.: HR02017018
Job Title: TEAM LEADER INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City: ARANGUEZ
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The incumbent is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the industrial relations activities of the Employers Solution Centre (ESC). The incumbent is also responsible for the attainment of all goals and objectives, the achievement of assigned financial targets and the provision of service excellence to customers at all times.
The incumbent will lead a successful team of industrial relations professionals in the provision of a wide range of industrial relations solutions to employers in Trinidad and Tobago, through advisory, consultancy and representation services in an expert, efficient and accurate manner.
The incumbent will perform all duties and functions with due care and attention and with a high degree of competence, confidentiality and integrity whilst complying with the Company’s policies and procedures, business continuity provisions and established health and safety standards.
- Provides expert advice and consultation to stakeholders on all industrial relations issues such as collective bargaining, disciplinary matters, conciliatory matters, handling of complaints and grievances, conflict resolution, labour legislation, labour principles and practices and similar matters.
- Analyses and interprets collective agreements and advises on its intent, spirit and provisions
- Reviews matters for conciliation at the Ministry of Labour as required
- Reviews matters for arbitration at the Industrial Court as required
- Reviews matters for certification by the Registration, Recognition and Certification Board as required
- Provides representation at the ministry of labour and the industrial court as required.
- Coordinates policy review services as required
- Conducts a review of the department’s operating systems and processes at least once every three (3) years to ensure applicability and relevance
- Develops and recommends new and relevant systems and processes as necessary to ensure the efficiency of the Department.
- Prepares the annual operational budget plan for the Department
- Administers the monthly budget so that all operations are within budget for cost efficiency
- Detects problems that may arise and takes prompt corrective action
- Works collaboratively with team members to ensuring the maintenance of the departmental budget
- Manages customers’ expectations by conducting relevant surveys and resolving any problems
- Maintains good working relations with all stakeholders such as customers, clients, companies, consultants, governmental institutions, and similar stakeholders so that the best interest of the organization is served at all times
- Determines the industrial relations needs of customers with a view to providing services proactively
- Conducts industrial relations presentations to existing and potential customers
- Conducts customer surveys to determine the level of customer satisfaction
- Liaises with customers in the provision of advisory services and consultancy meetings
- Keeps the Legal Officer apprised of all Industrial Court matters which have arisen or likely to arise in the provision of services to customers