Job Title: Baker
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City: Arima
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The incumbent will responsible for preparing all menu items to order following standard recipes and procedures, thereby supplying the store with quality products in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean back room environment, storage area and preparation area, and assists with housekeeping, including but not limited to washing, sanitizing and drying all utensils; maintaining overall cleanliness of ovens, proffer and other equipment and machinery.
- Assumes responsibility for the handling and baking of goods that meet Company quality standards, in accordance with the baking schedule of the day.
- Prepares, and packages where necessary, all menu items such as sandwiches, soups, salads, baked goods and rotisserie items, to order following standard recipes and procedures and within specified time limits.
- Handles, prepares and cooks fresh and frozen meat.
- Operates machinery as required in the preparation of goods including:
- Setting oven temperatures and placing items into the oven for baking.
- Setting time and speed controls for mixing machines, blending machines and/or steam kettles so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions.
- Operating slicing machine.
- Checks the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met.
- Checks equipment to ensure that health and safety regulations are met and performs maintenance and/or cleaning as required.
- Liaises with Store Management as required on key operational issues, including but not limited to baking schedules for products, customer comments, complaints, overall product quality and maintenance requirements for equipment and machinery.
- Checks inventory daily for damages and expiries and counts inventory as required for audit purposes.
- Enforces safety, health and security policies and procedures, ensuring that food safety standards are met.
- Five (5) O’ Level passes including Mathematics and English.
- Experience working in a Food and Beverage industry and/or retail environment would be considered an asset.
- Trinidad and Tobago Food Badge
Skills/Abilities considered as assets for the job:
- Strong knowledge of safe operation of bakery production machinery and equipment, material handling and storage.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to provide outstanding service.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Candidate must be willing to work shift hours.
- Candidate must be willing to work weekends and public holidays.