Job Title: Assistant Production Manager
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Assistant Production Manager
To direct, manage and provide a twenty-four hour shift support to all plant operations in a manner that will maximize production performance within established safety, quality and cost parameters.
- Establishes and monitors overall plant performance by ensuring production targets and quality standards are achieved.
- Cost effectively guide, coordinate and monitor the operations of the Hot End and Cold End, Batch, Furnace, Raw Material, Cullet Processing and the Quality Control functions of the Company.
- Assist and participate in the Planning process, inclusive but not limited to Training and Development, SKU scheduling and Preventative Maintenance.
- Understand, implement and enforce the HSE programs.
- Ensures GMP’s policies and procedures are adhered by all employees.
- Assist and ensures audit performance and compliance for Quality, Safety, GMP, and Production Procedures.
- Act as a change agent (leader) to instill positive team efforts and embraces Continuous Improvement concepts to ensure workers understand and contribute towards achieving set goals and targets.
- Minimize machine downtime and production loss by systematically troubleshooting problems through Root Cause Analysis.
- Provides coaching, guidance and direction to employees as needed to ensure achievement of performance outcomes and objectives.
- Effectively ensure a safe working environment and that all shift personnel adhere to the Company’s/Department’s safety policies and procedures to minimize the risk of injury.
- Produce and submit production reports as required and make recommendation for reducing cost, improving quality, safety, productivity and efficiency.
- Receives and actions employee grievances in keeping with established HR and IR procedures.
- Manage and take action as necessary with respect to addressing poor performance, absenteeism and punctuality on the job.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and strategic planning for the Production Department.
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Planning and Organizing
- Results Focus
- Decision Making and Sound Judgment
- Ability to delegate, set targets and monitor progress
- Excellent oral, written and active listening skills
- Motivate, coach and mentor employees
Training and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Five (5) years manufacturing experience.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.