Job Title: Sales Representative
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Internal Auditor, Projects and Engineering (IA, P & E) is responsible for the timely completion of construction and facilities audits.
The Internal Auditor, Projects and Engineering (IA, P & E) is responsible for the timely completion of construction and facilities audits in a manner that is consistent with the professional standards of conduct of the Institute of Internal Auditors and code of the relevant professional engineering association.
The IA, P & E should have the ability to participate in the audit planning and risk rating processes, prepare all audit working sections, discuss audit findings with the Auditee and prepare draft audit reports.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Civil Engineering or related field with at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; or
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field; with at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Active membership in a professional engineering association
- PMI-RMP or similar industry related risk management certification is desirable
- PMP or related project management certification will be a definite asset
- Demonstrate proficiency in the understanding of internal audit concepts – with specific reference to Risk Assessments
- Ability to understand all types of technical drawings e.g. Architectural, Structural, MEP, Services, Landscape, Reinforcement etc.
- Knowledge of standard contract terms and conditions, especially FIDIC.
- Knowledge of standard method of measurement, BOQ preambles, technical & commercial correspondence
- Ability to understand and assess the various techniques and best practices on tendering, contract management and quantity surveying
- Expertise in the change management process, such as time impact evaluation including the validity and reasonableness of variations, claims and extension of time.
- Expertise in design, planning construction and project management of major civil works.
- Experience in simultaneously managing multiple complex programmes of work
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare and/or present analytical reports
- Knowledge of current engineering standards, concepts and principles
- Knowledge of public auditing policies, standards and procedures
- Ability to create, compose and/or edit written materials
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools, Project Management Software and other job related software
Combination of Equivalent Qualification and Training and Experience
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the development of a risk management framework for the organization and the Construction and Facilities Division in particular.
- Reviews risk management practices employed by the Construction and Facilities Division.
- Examines the methodologies employed by the Construction and Facilities Division against best in the class industry benchmarks.
- Determines whether the Construction and Facilities Division residual risks are within the organization’s risk tolerance and risk appetite.
- Reviews strategy, resource levels, time scales and method statements on Projects.
- Reviews the life cycle of projects in the Construction and Facilities Divisions to determine if optimal processes and procedures were employed based on the instant circumstances.
- Reviews the prequalification and tender process on selected projects to determine if the organization has obtained the expected value for money.
- Evaluates the likelihood of the Construction and Facilities Divisions meeting stakeholder expectations on projects.
- Reviews the likelihood that the Construction and Facilities Divisions will achieve its stated strategic objectives as detailed in the Strategic Plan 2016 - 2020
- Undertakes site visits at Construction and Facilities Division sites, as required
- Assesses the quality of cost reporting by project consultants including suitability and completeness of costs and risks identified.
- Reviews payment certificates relevant to contract agreements and conditions.
- Reviews of final project accounts and submits findings and recommendations
- Reviews project handover process and submits findings and recommendations
- Prepares Audit working papers according to established Departmental Guidelines and Industry Standards.
- Provides assistance and guidance to the Corporation’s external auditors to ensure a timely and efficient completion of the Audit, as directed
- Provides assistance to the Senior Internal Auditor on special projects and assignments as required.
- Prepares and/or presents audit findings or other relevant information to Senior Management and/or the Audit Committee on the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management, governance, and internal control procedures.
- Develops and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with Corporation’s staff and management
- Conducts timely follow-up on audit findings to ensure that recommended corrective action(s) are taken by Management
- Assists in the training of colleagues and/or other Corporation staff in the use of project audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of construction/facilities projects.
- Performs any other job-related duties as are assigned.
The Office holder will be recruited on a contractual basis and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged by the Corporation. Kindly submit copies of relevant academic qualifications. Please note that ONLY academic qualifications from accredited instituitions will be accepted.
All applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on September 11, 2017.