Job Title: Piping Designer (PDMS)
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Piping Designer (PDMS)
Preparation and checking of discipline design deliverables.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Engineering Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Keeps up to date with technical developments, client and Massy Wood Group specifications, industry, national and international codes, standards and legislative requirements relevant to the role.
- Demonstrates the appropriate competence level for the job.
- Is a source for guidance on a majority of discipline design applications.
- Coordination of technical matters within discipline and with other disciplines as required.
- Development of discipline design scopes of work, estimates and schedules if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Self-checking of own work.
- Following procedures for document control and discipline design, e.g. creation of discipline design deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Checking of discipline design deliverables, discipline design content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Originating discipline design deliverables.
- Assisting the Discipline Lead Designer and/or Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Providing discipline design input to procurement and construction activities.
- Conducting site surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of scopes of work.
- Attending technical meetings if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Attending Design Reviews, Constructability Assessments etc. if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Communicating with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Technician Diploma.
- AutoCad Level III Certificate.
- Must be proficient in PDMS
- Membership of a professional body will be an asset.
- Possesses skilled knowledge of discipline design software and tools.
- Possesses skilled knowledge of a majority of discipline design applications including 3D computer modeling.
- Possesses basic knowledge in managing personnel.
- Possesses basic knowledge in managing jobs / projects.
- Possesses a reasonable command of the English language and must be able to communicate English effectively in the field of Engineering.
- Assessed competent as a Designer in accordance with ENG-PRC-1100.
Typically a minimum of 8-10 years relevant experience