The function of the Handyman is to undertake upkeep and repair tasks at the interior or exterior at all the company client locations. We’ll rely on you to keep our facilities division in perfect condition by doing various odd jobs.
Deft hands and technical knowledge are important parts of a handyman’s arsenal. You must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job.
Keep clean on-site and off-site facilities by sweeping, dusting etc.
Perform maintenance and light repairs
Perform routine landscaping on the grounds
Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks etc.)
Undertake basic plumbing or carpeting (e.g. build cabinets, cleaning of water tanks)
Repair equipment or appliances
Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks
Identify and report the need for major repairs
Delivery of quotations invoices, receipts, payments and inventory as required and instructed.
Shuttling of employees to different locations
Assist in matters relating to marketing and publicity for the company.
Arrange and purchase inventory and office supplies to ensure the smooth running of the organization on a day to day and as required basis.
Perform stock count on company inventory and office supplies to ensure the smooth running of the organization on a required basis.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Customer Service Skills
· Effective listening skills
· Planning and execution skills
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Analytical skills
· Problem-solving skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Effective time-management and organizational skills
· Working knowledge of locations throughout Trinidad and Tobago
· Experience in a handy-man and driving role
· Experience in plumbing an asset
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Two A-Levels including General paper and MUST have Five (5) O’Levels including English and Mathematics.
· Defensive Driving certificate
Other work related requirements
· Valid Trinidad and Tobago Driver’s License (manual and Heavy T)
TrinidadJob.com is an online Recruitment Service that operates within the Trinidad and Tobago job market. We advertise Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago, Employment in Trinidad and Tobago, Vacancies in Trinidad and Tobago and any other relations that bring job seekers and employers together. Our objective is to provide a comprehensive job listing that will be worthwhile to job seekers; and to provide employers with the best quality candidates. We have been incorporated since August 2011 and we are managed by a board of HR, Financial Services and IT Professionals.