Job Title: Facility Manager – Technical Services
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Title: Facility Manager – Technical Services
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Europa are currently seeking a Facility Supervisor I to provide support to sites reacting to call outs and performing planned maintenance to buildings and plant machinery also carrying out quoted works.
Europa provides straight forward, intelligent FM solutions, which means that we operate in an honest and sincere manner, meeting our clients’ demands in the best way possible, whilst retaining the values and culture of our family business heritage. We concentrate on putting people first – our employees and our customers. We are approachable, helpful and quick to find a solution. We believe in being open about what we do and how we do it. We are passionate about getting things right first time and delivering real value for money. We also concentrate on getting the job done and everything we do is backed up by the quality of our service, the creativity of our ideas and the direct approach we take.
As the Facility Supervisor I within the Maintenance & Surveying of the business you will be expected to undertake all aspects of general maintenance and those essential to Air Conditioning of the sites.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or
may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and
changing business practices.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for facility maintenance.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing facility maintenance services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures; participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for equipment; monitor budget expenditures.
- Monitor and control supplies and equipment; order supplies and tools as necessary; prepare documents for equipment procurement; prepare specifications and contracts for contract services.
- Train or coordinate training in facility maintenance and safety methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Develop and organize preventative maintenance and safety inspection programs for all facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate construction projects, remodels, and other special projects.
- Assist in the preparation of various contracts, requests for proposals, and reports.
- Perform the more technical and complex tasks of the work unit.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of facility maintenance; incorporate new developments as appropriate into programs.
- Coordinate with contractors in providing contract services.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Carry out PPM Planned Preventative maintenance activities to essential site specialized HVAC systems
- Maintenance, service and repair of air conditioning and refrigeration units in controlled manufacturing environment.
- Equipment maintained includes VRVs, Fan coils, AHU, chilled water systems serving manufacturing and production lines. Freezers, chillers used for storage.
- Respond to site emergency breakdowns as and when required. Assist maintenance & project teams with technical expertise & backup when required.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Maintain accurate plan maintenance records.
- Assist with the delivery of Europa objectives in line with ‘Employer of Choice’ status
- Any other duties that may be added on from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a
short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Operations, services, and activities of a building maintenance, repair, and construction program.
- Materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing HVAC, rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
- Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Basic principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration.
- Equipment, tools and materials used in facility maintenance activities.
- Construction and project management principles.
- Principles and practices of safety management.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Read and understand construction drawings, diagrams, plans and specifications.
- Organize, implement and direct facility maintenance operations and activities.
- Supervise, train and evaluate assigned staff.
- Interpret and explain pertinent department policies and procedures.
- Develop cost estimates for supplies and equipment.
- Perform the most complex maintenance duties and operate related equipment.
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy with the public.
- Develop and recommend systems and procedures related to assigned operations.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
· City & Guilds air conditioning Level 2
· Safe Handling of Refrigerants City & Guilds 236 Parts 1&2
· A Proven Track Record in Commercial Building Maintenance
· Good Communication Skills
· You must also have a full driving license and be able to cope well under pressure. Good communication and customer service skills are also a must.
The job holder is expected to develop systems of working that are truly customer focused and actively seek and respond appropriately to customer feedback.
Adopts an analytical approach to develop plans based on achievable timescales and successfully balancing a broad range of variables, including contingencies to ensure results are still achieved.
Improving for Excellence
Wants Europa to be the reference company against which all others are judged. Thinks laterally and creatively to produce solutions which reduce cost and satisfy customers.
Network and Relationship Building
Develops relationships inside and outside Europa and demonstrates effective communication and negotiation skills. Works to enhance the Company’s public image and build up respect in the marketplace.
Delivering measurable results
Aims to meet and exceed where possible the targets set by immediate manager. Keeps manager up to date with progress to targets and informs in a timely manner about any slippage.
Analysis and Decision Making.
Demonstrates the ability to think logically about issues and problems, which arise during day-to-day working. Is also comfortable about putting forward reasoned arguments, backed up with hard facts when required.