Job Title: HSE Officer
Sector: HEALTH & SAFETY,ENVIRONMENT,SOCIAL WORK
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
To assist in developing and monitoring systems and procedures to promote Health, Safety and Environment within the Company and to minimize any adverse effects of these on employees
- Assists in conducting Company-wide hazard identification process, and follows up on recommended and implemented corrective actions on an on-going basis.
- Assists HSE Officer in conducting and preparing reports of safety plans and audits at all the company's operating departments and follows up on corrective action.
- Provides assistance in the planning and preparation of OSH materials (e.g. policies, reports and safety management systems).
- Documents and records information by entering, storing and maintaining information in a written or electronic form.
- Collects data on work environment for analysis by HSE Department and assists in the implementation and evaluation of programs designed to limit risks to employees.
- Reports all accidents and communicates with the HSE Officer regarding corrective actions to prevent accidents.
- Follows up on OSH-related accidents to ensure corrective actions are implemented and closed.
- Assists in providing statistical data related to monthly and work-related accidents for accident cost analysis reports.
- Ensures that HSE reports are completed efficiently as needed to facilitate timely submission of management reports.
- Collates, analyses and communicates information relevant to the occurrence of accident loss, risk assessment, and methods to prevent accidents and achieve optimum business results.
- Assists with conducting research to develop materials for employee training.
- Plans and organizes meetings and training sessions, including preparation of agendas, documents, arrangements and minutes of meetings.
- Performs any other duties in keeping with the job function.
- At least five (5) O’Level/CXC passes including Mathematics and English.
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from a recognized institution.
- At least one (1) year’s experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of basic Health and Safety principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills and ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks within a team-based environment.