Job Title: Field Supervisor
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City: Chaguanas / Mayaro
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Field Supervisor is responsible for leading project execution, assuring achievement of the plan in terms of quality, time and budget in compliance with the Company’s HSSE and technical standards as well as established policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the quality and accuracy of work carried out as well as assure the accuracy of execution reports
- Tracks the progress of the project, reporting progress, concerns and recommended corrective actions promptly to the Construction Coordinator
- Acts as the focal point for all construction related activities for the assigned project
- Identification of increase or reduction in scope, raising the necessary support documents
- Ensure Subcontractors’ performance is in accordance with the work schedule, specifications and all other requirements
- Manage an effective team (including Subcontractors) – provide leadership and motivation to the team
- Lead, guide and support all team members in the execution of the assigned projects in an organised, effective and efficient manner
- Lead the execution of assigned projects, assuring that all allocated responsibilities are dealt with accordingly
- Ensure all work carried out complies with company and client standards along with current legislation and follows sound industry norms and practices
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and ensure all sub-ordinates and Subcontractors are aware of standards expected. Proactively assist whoever necessary to improve and maintain HSSE performance
- Ensure all records and required documentation from the project (both electronic and hard copies) are maintained and completed to auditable standards (including the assurance of subcontractors’ documentation when required)
- Responsible for capturing and sharing learning during the execution of projects
- Liaise with the operations and project team to analyse and solve execution problems
- Responsibility for the motivation of staff and identify improvement opportunities that add value to both the company and the client
- Carry out emergency response duties as required
- Ensure client Control of Work (COW) procedures and Site Technical Practices (STPs) are adhered to while executing projects
- Adhere to all HSSE policies/procedures and participate in Leading Indicators that will result in a Zero Accidents culture.
- Performs all other related job functions as required
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role
- Technical Diploma or equivalent in related field
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Experience with implementation of Engineering/Technical Support projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment; adjusting effectively to new work structures, processes, or requirements.
- Effectiveness with others, establishing rapport and a positive working relationship with individuals within or outside the work group.
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Extremely self-motivated with excellent organisational skills combined with very good technical judgment.
- Intermediate computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.